- you will read the self-portrait exercises, methodology and criteria of perception, and get inspiration from the image galleries
- you will produce, select and upload your own work to your photo galleries
- you will learn to work on the multiple perceptions and choice of the images
- you will get comments from other participants and myself, and comment on other participants’ pictures
- you will learn to make images dialogue with each other, build sequences and your autobiographical project.
- You’ll be able to connect with other participants and myself in the chat room, private messaging and the forum.
Three months, one month for each part (ME, ME AND THE OTHER, ME AND THE WORLD).
You should dedicate at least three hours per week to produce pictures, read materials and comment on others’ images. The best is 4-5 hours per week.
Yes, after completion of the workshop.
The best is an SLR camera and a tripod, but you can also work using a Smartphone and a small tripod or selfie stick. You will need a PC and internet connection to use the platform.
You can participate if you are over 18 years old. Please note that there might be nudity in the images.
No, it’s not therapy, it is a “self-therapeutic” tool”. SPEX can be challenging emotionally, because past emotions you kept within might need to emerge. The unconscious creative process brings out what you can deal with today. However, you might feel the need of a professional therapist to make sense of what you are going through.
You should ask your doctor or therapist about this. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
After the course I will evaluate your process before giving you access to the facilitator training. You will need to do a live session with me in person.
Yes, contact us at email@example.com and once we receive your payment we can enrol you manually.
Only the workshop participants and myself, nobody else can have access to the workshop. They will be able to download them in order to suggest image dialogues but they cannot show them to anybody and they must delete them after the workshop.
In English, one introductory and one complete workshop every two years. If you speak Italian or Spanish you might want to participate to those, which are organized once a year.
No, I’m sorry.
Before enrolling in a SPEX workshop, see my autobiography "Someone to Love" and "Higher Self", a video about SPEX and its philosophy. You can find both in our main website https://selfportrait-experience.com